Climb aboard a flight simulator, try your luck at sailing a land yacht or test your skills controlling the traffic flow of a city. Our new Sciencentre exhibition, Going Places, invites you to take on a series of challenges to discover the science behind transport and travel. With over 20 exhibits detailing the incredible technology pioneered by humans to make the farthest reaches of our planet accessible, Going Places promises to be a wild ride!
Things to see and do
- Climb aboard a Flight Simulator and pilot a plane through the skies. There’s more to it than simply turning left and right.
- Consider the range of inventions that humans have developed to travel across the Earth.
- Hop on board a Hoverdisk and float across the floor.
- Work out how much carbon you produce in your everyday travel.
- Design your future vehicle. Do you have an idea for the next big transport invention?
Discover more with a full description of the exhibits for the exhibition Going Places.
Learning Resources for Going Places
Learning Resources include the exhibition’s key messages and activities and ideas for during and post a visit to Going Places.